Re: Octave for Windows - OpenBLAS and Portable Mode

From: Royi Avital
Subject: Re: Octave for Windows - OpenBLAS and Portable Mode
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2017 20:56:55 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

When I run Octave for the first time (Using octave.bat) it creates configuration files inside my User Folder.
I tried changing the Environment Variable USERPROFILE into a different path but it seems octave-gui.exe won't use what set in octave.bat.

Is there anyway to make Octave use user defined folder for all of its configuration files?
Could it be inside Octave installation folder to begin with?

Thank You.

P. S.
Why don't you use OpenBLAS as the default BLAS library to begin with?