Re: Calling plot() consistently crashes octave - Why?

From: david
Subject: Re: Calling plot() consistently crashes octave - Why?
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2017 08:09:51 -0700 (PDT)

Before removing the libraries you suggested, Mike, I thought it might be
prudent to first determine which packages (applications) would break if I
remove them.

$ dpkg-query -l 'libatlas'
dpkg-query: no packages found matching libatlas
address@hidden:~$ dpkg-query -l 'libopenblas'
dpkg-query: no packages found matching libopenblas

$ dpkg-query -l | grep openblas
ii  libopenblas-base                                0.1.1-6+deb7u3

amd64        Optimized BLAS (linear algebra) library based on GotoBLAS2

$ dpkg-query -l | grep openblas
ii  libopenblas-base                                0.1.1-6+deb7u3

amd64        Optimized BLAS (linear algebra) library based on GotoBLAS2
 ii  libopenblas-base                                0.1.1-6+deb7u3

amd64        Optimized BLAS (linear algebra) library based on GotoBLAS2
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
$ dpkg-query -W -f='${Status} ${Version}\n' openblas
dpkg-query: no packages found matching openblas

I am not sure how to interpret this information.    My guess is it means
       * no application depends on "libatlas",
and
       * no application depends on "libopenblas"

So I will proceed with your advice on removing these libraries.