Re: Re: Largest Matrix Size for Octave

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Re: Largest Matrix Size for Octave
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 10:05:28 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----

> From: evansste
> To: help-octave
> Date: 2017/6/19, Mon 06:29
> Subject: Re: Re: Largest Matrix Size for Octave
>
>T hanks for the information, Tatsuro.  The last link is particularly helpful
> since I'm running Linux.
>
> I greatly appreciate your time and help.  Thank you.

Hello evansste

Although the below described in
******************************
http://wiki.octave.org/MXE
******************************

For systems that provide packages of recent versions of GCC and required build
dependencies,
MXE-Octave is NOT the best choice for building Octave.

I think that MXE-octave for native linux is the one of the option to get
numerical libraries with 64bit indexing.

See the instruction in the section
Compiling for your Linux system

Note: In item 6.
6. Type: ./configure --enable-64 --enable-native-build --enable-pic-flag
host_alias=gnu-linux --enable-openblas --enable-jit

Please add
--enable-octave=stable
and
--enable-fortran-int64
options as configure options for MXE-octave

Tatsuro