Re: Trying to compile Octave on RHEL 7.3

From: Michael Metts
Subject: Re: Trying to compile Octave on RHEL 7.3
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 20:52:13 -0700

So, maybe the is greedy but what about —enable-64?  I would like to compile Octave for 64-bit addressing including BLAS/etc.  I tried a configure with —enable-64 and it looks like array addressing/etc. made it but openBLAS has a “NO” for 64-bit addressing.  I looked at the documentation for this and became very confused.  All or nearly all of the libraries on my system are in /lib64 or /usr/lib64  … As far as I know, the vast majority of the binaries on this system are 64-bit.  In any case, it appears that the one flag is insufficient and I can’t figure out the documentation.  is there a bit more direct cookbook for building a pure 64-bit octave?  Thanks.