Re: Trying to compile Octave on RHEL 7.3

From: Ozzy Lash
Subject: Re: Trying to compile Octave on RHEL 7.3
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 01:48:46 -0600

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 12:54 AM, Michael L. Metts <address@hidden> wrote:

I think qt4 and qt5 can be made to co-exist, but I'm not sure how easy it is in practice.

I've just been going through the configure with a clean install on a vitrualbox of centos 7.3, following the instructions on the http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Red_Hat_Linux_systems page.

Following those instructions if I add the following:

yum install librsvg2-tools icoutils bzip2-devel libsndfile-devel
yum install portaudio-devel mesa-libOSMesa-devel
yum install sundials-devel sundials-threads-devel

And do the trick that I mentioned before of:

cd /usr/lib64
ln -s atlas/libtatlas.so libatlas.so

The only configure warning I get is the IDAKLU warning.  Without those packages, I get:

configure: WARNING:

I didn't find icotool, but it's only a problem if you need to
reconstruct octave-logo.ico, which is the case if you're building from
VCS sources.

configure: WARNING:

I didn't find rsvg-convert, but it's only a problem if you need to
reconstruct octave-logo-*.png, which is the case if you're building
from VCS sources.

configure: WARNING: BZIP2 library not found.  Octave will not be able to compress or decompress bzip2 files.
configure: WARNING: sndfile library not found.  The audioinfo, audioread, and audiowrite functions will be disabled.
configure: WARNING: PortAudio library not found.  The audioplayer, audiorecorder, and audiodevinfo functions will be disabled.
configure: WARNING: OSMesa library not found.  Offscreen rendering with OpenGL will be disabled.
configure: WARNING: Sundials nvecserial library not found.  Solvers ode15i and ode15s will be disabled.
configure: WARNING: Sundials IDA library not found.  Solvers ode15i and ode15s will be disabled.
configure: WARNING: ARPACK not found.  The eigs function will be disabled.

Bill