Re: Error installing control package 3.0.0 in 4.2.0_2 on mac os sierra

From: SunilShah
Subject: Re: Error installing control package 3.0.0 in 4.2.0_2 on mac os sierra
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 09:25:53 -0800 (PST)

Thanks.  I have the latest stable versions of all OS, Xcode, brew, gcc,
octave dependencies.  Octave builds fine but pkg install -forge fails.

By the way, I have another machine with the same versions OS, Xcode and
octave where pkg install -forge works fine.

Looking closer, I found that the gcc library path is different on the
machine with problems. Octave pkg install command does not pick up the
correct path.

Please see:

https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-science/issues/4972