Re: help with TCP/IP connection

From: Kire Pudsje
Subject: Re: help with TCP/IP connection
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 16:53:23 +0100

Hi to everyone,

Up to now I've been working with Matlab, but I want to start working with
Octave, and i'll need some basic help, please.
I've installed the Octave 3.6.4 version.

I have am *.m file in Matlab in which I use the commad tcpip in order to
connct with a machine;

/m=tcpip('10.1.23.212',8080,'NetworkRole','client','InputBufferSize',1024);/

As far as I know, there is no any command in Octave with which I can replace
the mentioned tcpip command. I have read that it is possible to make
something similar with the 'Instrument control package'.

Please try a more recent version of octave.
You might also want to check the sockets package.