Debug and classdef

From: MML
Subject: Debug and classdef
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 08:56:20 +0000

Hello.

I am experiencing some debug issues with classdef, and hope that somebody can
give hints as to how to best proceed.
For background info: I am using Lubuntu 16.10 and octave 4.0.3 from the command
line without GUI.

Let me use the following test class
--->
classdef test_class < handle
    properties
        name
    end

    methods
        function obj=test_class(name)
            obj.name=name;
        end
        function show(obj)
            disp(obj.name);
        end
    end
end
<---

Issues:

- When using an external editor (Kate in my case), whenever I make a
modification to a class it is not recognized by octave until I do a clean all.
Specifically, "clean test_class" does not help. This results in a rather
uncomfortable development cycle. How are you guys dealing with this?

- Adding a breakpoint from the command line as described in
http://wiki.octave.org/Classdef does not seem to work.
--->
>> dbstop @test_class\show
error: add_breakpoint: unable to find the requested function
<---
Any hints?

- Is there any tutorial or document describing how to debug a classdef class?

BR,
J.