Re: Octave features

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Octave features
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 09:43:17 +0900 (JST)

>From: Nicholas Jankowski
>To: berserk82.ia
>Cc: help
>Date: 2016/9/16, Fri 01:02
>Subject: Re: Octave features
>On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 8:05 AM, berserk82.ia wrote:
>
>Hello there.
>>My name is Ivano Arrighetta and I'm Italian.
>>I would like to know more about gnu octave
>>and in detail:
>
><snip>
>>

>Note these questions may sound weird, but mathematica does almost all of these.
>>

>I doubt anyone is going to take time to answer all 43 questions. unlike
>mathematica, octave isn't run by paid staff.
>

>It appears your questions mostly pertain to image, audio, and video, with some
>coverage of direct acquisition. The answers to many of your questions are
>"yes", "sort of", "partially", and "it depends"
>

>Much of those features are part of octave packages. you may be able to find
>info about included functions that can partially answer your questions here:
>http://octave.sourceforge.net/packages.php

As Nicholas wrote, octave is volunteer based project.
In addition, help mailing list is also volunteer based support as written in
the octave web site.
https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/support-expectations.html

(section Help)

Please consult octave manual by yourself first and documentation of
octave-forge packages
that was indicated by Nicholas.

If you would like to do what you wrote on free software, it is better to think
combined use of applications.

Tatsuro