Re: Plot command crashes Octave

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Plot command crashes Octave
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 11:03:36 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----

> From: Christopher Smith
> To: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
> Cc:address@hidden
> Date: 2016/7/5, Tue 10:38
> Subject: Re: Plot command crashes Octave
>
>T atsuro,
> Thanks!  I’m not sure if I was supposed to reply to you or the help email, so
>
> Cc’d the help email just in case.  A short script is below.  I hope it helps!
>
> a=1:1:100;
> b=0.5*a;
> plot(a,b);
>
> -Chris Smith

Thank for the short script.
The script does not cause crash on qt and gnuplot on  windows 10 at lease my PC.

From logs on your first post, you might meet crash at qt graphics toolkit
(default for octave-gui from octave 4.0.)

As Sebastian wrote in

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Plot-command-crashes-Octave-td4678162.html#a4678163

Try gnuplot graphics toolkit

graphics_toolkit('gnuplot')
figure;
x=1:10;
plot(x,sin(x));

graphics_toolkit('qt')
figure;
x=1:10;
plot(x,sin(x));

and

graphics_toolkit('fltk')
figure;
x=1:10;
plot(x,sin(x));

Perhaps the former does not cause crash but the causes crash.

Please confirm on which graphics toolkit your crash happens.

Further replies will be made from mac power users.

Tatsuro