Re: [Fink-beginners] Octave-4.02 GUI crashed with every Plot command.

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: [Fink-beginners] Octave-4.02 GUI crashed with every Plot command.
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2016 12:42:22 -0400

On Jun 9, 2016, at 12:40, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

On Jun 9, 2016, at 08:03, Hans-Jürgen Greif <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 09.06.2016 um 13:54 schrieb Ben Abbott <address@hidden>:

On Jun 9, 2016, at 07:40, Hans-Jürgen Greif <address@hidden> wrote:

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 09.06.2016 um 12:58 schrieb Ben Abbott <address@hidden>:

On Jun 9, 2016, at 6:32 AM, Hans-Jürgen Greif <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 09.06.2016 um 02:29 schrieb Ben Abbott <address@hidden>:

*** Switching to Octave’s help-list ***

On Jun 8, 2016, at 5:31 PM, Alexander Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:

On Jun 8, 2016, at 14:11, Hans-Jürgen Greif <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

After very long  time octave-4.02 arrived and every single plot command crashed octave-4.02.  That program is total unusable.

I have send  meantime 20 emails to apple.
I have gnuplot and aquaterm 10 times removed and again installed.

What can I do for a working octave 4.02?

Regards,

Hans-Juergen Greif

I’m not sure why you’re emailing Fink, since I haven’t had the time or motivation to update Octave beyond 3.8.2.

Maybe try the Octave mailing lists?

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison

Hi Hans,

Please tell us where you got your copy of Octave from (a link would be best). Perhaps from the link below?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20MacOSX%20Binary/2016-06-06-binary-octave-4.0.2/

Please type “graphics_toolkit” at Octave’s prompt to verify you are using gnuplot.

What version of Mac OS X are you running?

What is your processor?

The answers to those last two question can be found under “About this Mac”.

Ben

Hello,

 Modellname: MacBook Pro
  Modell-Identifizierung: MacBookPro10,1
  Prozessortyp: Intel Core i7
  Prozessorgeschwindigkeit: 2,6 GHz
  Anzahl der Prozessoren: 1
  Gesamtanzahl der Kerne: 4
  L2-Cache (pro Kern): 256 KB
  L3-Cache: 6 MB
  Speicher: 16 GB
  Boot-ROM-Version: MBP101.00EE.B0A
  SMC-Version (System): 2.3f36
  Seriennummer (System): C02J10CEDKQ5
  Hardware-UUID: 763B62C8-4AC5-5831-B2C4-F544B3FE9B1B

The plot Bug is on all mac os 10.11.5 versions for example mac book pro, mac pro.
I have also installed FLTK and

graphics_toolkit ("FLTK")

does not work also.

Regards,

Hans

I’m able to run Octave 4.0.2 on Mac OS 10.11.5. Both the gnuplot and qt toolkits work for me.

Did you build Octave yourself?

Ben

Hello,

 No, I have used a dmg file.

Regards,

Where did you get the dmg file?

Ben
Hello,

Hans

We've been debugging the dmg. It is possible the problem you've encountered has been fixed.

Please download again. The download should come from sourceforge.

Be sure to try the qt graphics toolkit.

Ben

I just noticed the help-list, Sebastian, and Alex were dropped. Please be sure to reply-all

Ben