Re: Does Octave 4 GUI work on Windows 10?

From: tmacchant
Subject: Re: Does Octave 4 GUI work on Windows 10?
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 21:08:08 -0700 (PDT)

I appreciate the replies, folks.  I kept Octave 4.0.0 when I upgrade to
Win10.  When the GUI failed to open up, I tried uninstalling it, and then
installed Octave 4.0.1 and Octave 4.0.2 anew.  However, the problem
persisted, i.e. the usual Windows error diaolog box opened up, saying
"octave-gui.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to work
correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
available."  So it appears there's something wrong in my environment/setup,
since there're many success stories on Win10.

These kinds of things sometimes occur for windows. We have not yet gotten
definite solutions for startup issue at some windows PCs.

Final workaround is initialize windows 10 or clean install windows 10.

However, there are risks.

Unless you have solved PC troubles around devise driver by yourself (can you
manage the Devise Manager of windows and do appropriate action using
information obtained from it?)  or you can get good advises from experienced
users, I do not recommend  to do it.
But decision depends on yourself.

Tatsuro