Re: Octave 4.0.1 CTRL-C questions

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Octave 4.0.1 CTRL-C questions
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 20:18:34 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----
>From: Jeffrey Tsang
>To: Tatsuro MATSUOKA ; Nicholas Jankowski
>Cc: "address@hidden"
>Date: 2016/5/25, Wed 20:01
>Subject: Re: Octave 4.0.1 CTRL-C questions
>

>I am unable to reproduce the CTRL-C crash problem in Octave 4.0.1 CLI now. I
>will let you know if I manage to crash it again.
>

>Here's another issue with CTRL-C with Octave CLI. If I add another pause to
>the script to become:
>

>clear; close all; clc
>>

>>x = [1; 2; 3; 4];
>>y = x;
>>

>>plot(x, y, 'rx', 'MarkerSize', 10);
>>fprintf('#1 Program paused. Press enter to continue.\n');
>>pause;
>>

>>fprintf('#2 Program paused. Press enter to continue.\n');
>>pause;
>

>Now, if you press CTRL-C at "#1 Program paused", the script continues to "#
>Program paused" instead of being aborted. It looks to me that CTRL-C is
>treated as a normal keystroke to break out of the pause. I'd have thought that
>it should abort the script instead.

I have confirmed the behavior as you pointed out on Octave-CLI.
However, I cannot say it is a bug. It stands on individual thoughts.

Anyway I will consult codes for signal handler if I will have time.
(I have quick looked at them. But time restriction prevent me from deep
understanding.)

If you have a complaint for the current behavior on octave-CLI, it is better to
make another post to the
octave maintainer list but not help list.

Tatsuro