Re: new package versions released: optim-1.5.1, parallel-3.1.0, struct-1

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: new package versions released: optim-1.5.1, parallel-3.1.0, struct-1.0.13
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 13:17:12 -0700 (PDT)

Olaf Till-2 wrote
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 04:59:07AM -0700, PhilipNienhuis wrote:
>> I've installed optim and struct on Windows 7 (dev version) using the
>> -forge
>> flag to avoid that doc building issue.
>
> Well, the known issue is only for cross-building ...
>
>> optim and struct install fine, parallel breaks with the following error
>> message:
>>
>> :
>> pconnect.cc:29:24: fatal error: sys/socket.h: No such file or directory
>>  #include <sys/socket.h>
>
> Is that MINGW? Or else, what compiler and which system specific macro
> (__WIN32__ ?) ? Is 'winsock2.h' somewhere? Maybe we can just copy the
> fix from JohnD for 'database'.

Yes, mingw (cross-built with mxe). winsock.h and winsock2.h are present in
/include.
As to system macros, that's beyond me :-(
AFAIK (I'm on Linux now) on mingw gcc = 4.9.3

So, what are the suggestions a la "database'?

BTW, cross-building both the new optim and struct packages fails with:

/bin/sh: -std-=gnu++11: command not found

(but they install fine from -forge)

Philip