Any way to remove or hide toolbars in the GUI?

From: Evan Thomas
Subject: Any way to remove or hide toolbars in the GUI?
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 12:32:05 -0700

Hi,

I have been trying out the new Octave GUI, but on my laptop vertical space is at a premium. I have been unable to find a way to eliminate some of the toolbars which seem to just have redundant features that are available through the menus. For example, the editor toolbar seems wholy unnecissary. Likewise the only unique feature in the main toolbar is the working directory dialog, which I would prefer to have next to the menus above. I have looked through the preferences dialog, the FAQ on the wiki, and general Google searches, but can't seem to find a way to modify or remove these toolbars.

Cheers,

Evan