Re: Matlab-to-Octave - figure() debugging

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Matlab-to-Octave - figure() debugging
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 14:09:47 -0700

On Thu, Apr 07, 2016 at 04:46:41 -0700, Yanga wrote:
> The error message that I receive at present is:
> warning: set: allowing menu to match figure property menubar
> warning: called from
>     figure at line 86 column 7
>     Fatlab>setup_gui at line 69 column 12
>     Fatlab at line 21 column 5

This is a warning, not an error. It's reporting that you opened a figure
with the property "menu", and Octave is treating that as the full
property name "menubar".

> error: get: unknown figure property javaframe
> error: called from
>     change_icon at line 6 column 11
>     Fatlab>setup_gui at line 71 column 5
>     Fatlab at line 21 column 5

The change_icon function is part of your project, see here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/fatlab/code/HEAD/tree/Fatlab/change_icon.m

This function won't work with Octave, either make it a no-op or don't
call it.

If this function is any indication of the rest of the project, it looks
like it's touching a lot of Matlab internals. Good luck.

--
mike