Re: Saving symbolic variables in a database

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: Saving symbolic variables in a database
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 13:15:23 +0100

Another thought, would it be an alternative to you to save/load
into/from a temporary file and use the packages functions for
import/export of large objects into/from the Postgresql database?

Or have you masses of such variables with no corresponding SQL type to
import into the database? Then it would probably be better to provide
a function to register a new converter in the 'database' package; this
would require you to create a corresponding composite type (with one
bytea element) in your Postgresql database ... so you would only have
to specify the typename, without manual conversion. I currently don't
know how feasible this would be for me to implement.

Olaf