csv read problem

From: margalja
Subject: csv read problem
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 07:29:12 -0800 (PST)

Hello.
I'm not sure this problem is actually an octave problem but the data I have.

I've got the data in, apparently, csv standar files and the separator is
';'.
The problem is fgets and fgetl don't work properly and they can't read the
files.
On the other hand I can open them in every software I try: libreoffice calc,
notepad++, gedit...

But when I opened the files in notepadqq there is a red dot between each
character of the file and I think it probably means something but I don't
find any information about it

I can solve the problem doing copy and paste of the text of each file in one
of those applications but I have hundreds of files and the point of this
work is to automate the process.

Using fgets and displaying the results, it shows ^@ where notepadqq shows
red dots.
Hope somebody can help me. Thank you