Re: pkg installation help

From: JohnD
Subject: Re: pkg installation help
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 11:42:51 -0500

> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 13:37:29 +0100
> From: Martin Weiser <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: pkg installation help
>
> On 11.2.2016 20:24, Andreas Weber wrote:
> > Am 11.02.2016 um 19:19 schrieb Jeff Sadowski:
> >
> >> As if it doesn't understand ode45 Do I need to do something to get it
> >> load these functions?
> >
> > Have you run
> > pkg load odepkg
> > in Octave?
> >
> Well, this seems to be a really common problem. In R, you also need to
> install and load a package you want (2 steps, too), but I do not
> remember seeing this problem in any mailinglist. Why is it so?
>
> Best,
> Martin W.

It does seem to be a common missed step.

It is in the user manual [1], and the wiki [2] as well as a number tickets
that have appeared on the bug tracker [3] [4]

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Using-Packages.html
[2] http://wiki.octave.org/OEP:pkg#Available_vs_Loaded
[3] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=46523
[4] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=46437