vector function within vector function

From: ken1866
Subject: vector function within vector function
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 10:24:08 -0800 (PST)

Hi, I'm brand new to Octave and am trying to understand the concept of vector
processing.  I created the following function that works fine with scalar
input but when I try vector input I get an error message about nonconformant
arguments.

I get that xx and yy are 100x100 and x and y are 1x6 but I don't see why
that matters.  What am I doing wrong and how can I modify to make it work?
P.S. It works fine if I convert the last statement to a double for loop, but
that seems like not using Octave as intended.  Appreciate any
comments/suggestions.