Re: xlsread

From: Kushal
Subject: Re: xlsread
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 17:16:59 -0500

Never mind I figured it out. I used the pkg load io and it is working fine now

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 5:10 PM, Kushal <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

This is Kushal. I am using Octave Version 4.0.0. My system configuration is Windows, OS7, 8 GB RAM with Intel Processor.

I am trying to read data from an excel file into a variable. I installed the IO package from Octave forge using the command

pkg install -forge io

I downloaded the RAR file and placed it in the working directory. Then I wrote the install command. After few moments the RAR file disappeared from the directory. Then I wrote the following command

a = xlsread('Test.xlsx'). I am getting an error which can be seen in the screenshot file that I attached to this email.

Can you please tell me where am I doing a mistake. I have manipulated excel sheets in Matlab previously but I want to switch to Octave as it is a freeware.

The Test.xlsx file has basic data of 1-9 in a 3 by 3 excel rows and columns.

Please let me know if you need any more information from my side regarding this.

Thanks a lot.

Regards
Kushal.