Re: octave & netcdf

From: Clinton Winant
Subject: Re: octave & netcdf
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 19:55:54 -0800

Well nothing is easy, and it seems ubuntu 15.10 is the release from hell.  The Unidata netcdf folks say it is not at the moment possible to compile netcdf4 because the 15.10 libhdf5 package has all the names screwed up, so I will have to wait till that is cleared up.  I have pretty much decided to revert to Ubuntu 14.04, with which I feel a little more comfortable, but I thought I would ask what flavors of linux you use.  Dmitri said he uses redhat, and seems to have no trouble jnstaling everything.  I would prefer to stay with a debian system, since I am familiar with apt-get.  Any ideas?