Re: Octave: symbolic 2.2.3 released

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Octave: symbolic 2.2.3 released
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 19:36:32 -0500

On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 22:53:59 +0200, Constantine Frangos wrote:
> It seems easier to somehow install the last version of the symbolic toolbox
> that was still compatible with SymPy 0.7.4. If you know how to do this then
> please email me some instructions - thanks.

I don't know if there is such a version. The check to ensure that SymPy
is 0.7.5 or higher was added in the symbolic package version 2.2.0, but
I don't think that means earlier versions were compatible with 0.7.4.

You can try symbolic version 2.0.0 or 2.1.0, it won't check when
installed, but certain functions may not work well.

--
mike