Octave: symbolic 2.2.3 released

From: Constantine Frangos
Subject: Octave: symbolic 2.2.3 released
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 17:46:19 +0200 (SAST)

Hi All,

I have Octave 3.8 running on a linux 64 bit machine, and
have managed to install SymPy 0.7.4.1.

What is the correct version of the symbolic toolbox for the above
and how do I specify this from the Octave command line when
installing ?

octave:1> pkg install -forge symbolic  ?

The above command currently produces the error:

configure: error: SymPy version 0.7.5 or later is required
checking for sort... /usr/bin/sort
checking for GNU coreutils... yes
checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking python module: sympy... yes
checking for SymPy version... 0.7.4.1
checking for gawk... gawk

pkg: error running the configure script for symbolic.
error: called from 'configure_make' in file
/usr/share/octave/3.8.1/m/pkg/private/configure_make.m near line 72, column 9
error: called from:
error:   /usr/share/octave/3.8.1/m/pkg/private/install.m at line 206, column 5
error:   /usr/share/octave/3.8.1/m/pkg/pkg.m at line 394, column 9
octave:1>

Thanks.

Regards,
Constantine.