Re: Plot Matrix (scalogram)

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: Plot Matrix (scalogram)
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 12:08:58 -0800 (PST)

Luciano wrote
> I created a wavelet function and from it have begotten a two-dimensional
> matrix (not necessarily square) representing the scalogram of a signal.
> The highest entry of this matrix is equal to 1 and less equal to 0.
> I need to plot this matrix to get the graphical view of the scalogram,
> introducing colors according to the value in each entry.
>
> How can I do that? Read about "surf", "mesh" and others, and my little
> experience was not able to make me understand.

Dear Luciano,

did you look to the Octave manual? Section 15 should cover your problem.
However, this might help you:

% create example matrix
A=kron((1:5)',1:10);

% create an indices for all entries of A
[X,Y] = meshgrid (1:size(A,2),1:size(A,1));

% surface plot (good for continuous data)
surf(X,Y,A);

% scatter plot (more appropriate for discrete data)
scatter(X(:),Y(:),[],A(:),'filled')