ambiguous constructor with --enable-64 and Windows 8

From: Alexander Barth
Subject: ambiguous constructor with --enable-64 and Windows 8
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 15:46:28 +0100

Dear all,

I would appreciate some insight from octave developers in order to solve the problem described in this bug report:

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=46060

Apparently constructor octave_value(Array<int>&) becomes ambiguous if octave is compiled with --enable-64 on Windows 8.

The proposed patch uses Array<double> to store the integers but I hope that there is a better way to do this (as the elements of the array are really integers).
http://hg.octave.org/mxe-octave/rev/85abb6c3ec8b

A simple function which has this issue is the following:

https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/octave-forge/main/netcdf/src/__netcdf__.cc#l529

The error is generated at line 555. The C library expect a parameter of the type int* and I use unlimdimids.fortran_vec() as parameter where the variable unlimdimids is of the type Array<int>.
Later unlimdimids is converted to an octave_value where the compile error occurs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank,
Alex