Re: displaying an image

From: Andy Buckle
Subject: Re: displaying an image
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 08:07:42 +0100

On 12 September 2015 at 06:02, lana frankle <address@hidden> wrote:
Octave is giving me the following error while I'm trying to do 2-D plotting:

>> y=((x+5).^2)/(4+3*x.^2)
y =  1.5625
>> figure plot(X,Y)
error: figure: N must be figure handle or figure number
error: called from
    figure at line 67 column 7

I'm not sure what it means.  Where do I put the "N"?

you are sending plot as an argument to figure. you probably want to put them on separate lines

figure
plot(X,Y)

The error is coming from figure, so in general you should look at the help for the figure function. like this

help figure

it explains that calling figure with an argument N is useful when you have multiple figures open and you want to switch back to one created earlier.

--
/* andy buckle */