Re: subset and plot

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: subset and plot
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 15:29:02 +0200

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 2:49 PM, nuncio m <address@hidden> wrote:
> HI,
>    I am trying to plot seasurface temperature from global satellite data
> set.
> How can I specify the region i need to plot. eg.  from the data set I need
> only
> to plot data between 0 to 50 E longitude and 75 to 90 N latitude.  Attaching
> the script I try to use.
>
> thank you
> nuncio
> --
> Nuncio.M
> Scientist
> National Center for Antarctic and Ocean research
> Head land Sada
> Vasco da Gamma
> Goa-403804
> ph off 91 832 2525636
> ph: cell 91 9890357423

One possibility is to set to NA the values outside the region of
interest. This is simple but the plot might look ugly.
Another, more involved, possibility is to extract the values in the
region of interest as well as their grid points. Then mesh the
gridpoints (e.g. using delaunay) and plot using trisurf (and then
view(2), to get an image like plot).
The second possibility can be improved considerably.

Cheers