Octave 4.0.0 freezes during start on win7

From: inor0627
Subject: Octave 4.0.0 freezes during start on win7
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 02:18:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I tried to run octave 4.0.0 on my win7 machine, but when starting any of the
*.exe files in installdir\bin, an empty terminal window opens and freezes
immediately. The window can neither be closed nor killed via the
process-manager.
This behavior is the same for the installed version (via
octave-4.0.0_0-installer.exe) as well as for the zipped version
(octave-4.0.0_0.zip).
Octave 3.8.2 is running fine on this system.
Can you please help me to fathom out what the problem might be? At the
moment I have no idea where to start investigating.

Kind regards,
Ingo