Re: Doing survey on students' use of Octave

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: Re: Doing survey on students' use of Octave
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 08:36:20 +1100

It depends very much on what you want to find out.  But here are some possible questions.  In general aim for the use of a Likert scale (5 choices: Strongly Disagree, Disagree, Neutral, Agree, Strongly Disagree) and hand out the questionnaire on paper: online questionnaires, although convenient, have a very poor return rate.  Are you using Octave as part of your assessment and grading?

You might want a few open-ended questions:

If I can think of any other questions I'll let you know.

cheers,

Alasdair