Re: Updating new functions saved on network drive

From: Andy Buckle
Subject: Re: Updating new functions saved on network drive
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 14:04:44 +0000

On 5 December 2014 at 13:22, holtze <address@hidden> wrote:
When I create a new function or script at my network drive, I need to reboot
Octave before I can run it. How can I run it immediately?

1) create new file myScript.m at the mapped network drive x:\myOctaveFolder
x = 5

2) F5 --> error: 'myScript' undefined near line 1 column 1

3) rehash
4) clear all
5) ls --> myScript.m appears in the file list

6) F5 --> error: 'myScript' undefined near line 1 column 1

7) when I reboot Octave, the script will run without any issues.

NB - If I create scripts or functions directly at my local c-drive, it runs
straight away.
The mapped x-drive relates to a shared folder of a Synology disk station. I
have had no other issues using the x-drive in any other software.

I think this problem has afflicted Octave on Windows for some time. You can try the rehash function, but I don't think this has always for for me in previous versions. I don't have 3.8.2 to hand myself to test.

--
/* andy buckle */