Re: Octave-3.8.2 problems with gui documentation tab

From: Terry Duell
Subject: Re: Octave-3.8.2 problems with gui documentation tab
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 08:04:46 +1100

Hello Mike,

On Wed, 08 Oct 2014 00:33:49 +1100, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:

[snip]

Hi Terry, this is a known bug due to distributions compressing the
Texinfo files. Please see bug #38305 (which has an arcane description
but is the underlying cause) [1]. Short of fixing that bug, the only
workaround for now is to uncompress the info files.

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?38305

A follow up on this, if I may.
Looking at the content of my rpm, I find files like "octave.info.gz", "octave.info-1.gz" etc, that are packaged in /usr/share/info. Are these the files that need to be uncompressed, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell