Model object as output for linear regression in Octave 3.8

From: Narayanan, Krishnaprasad
Subject: Model object as output for linear regression in Octave 3.8
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 11:40:04 +0000

Hallo all,

I am using Octave 3.8.0 to build a linear model that has several input features and one output feature. I will be using this model in order to predict the output for the given set of input features. When I searched on the web for statistical packages, I found the following functions: polyfit and regress. But none of these functions returns me a model object which I can use it for prediction.

Can I kindly know from the forum is there a function in octave that returns me a model object for linear regression?

Regards,

Krishnaprasad