Re: Memory control

From: João Rodrigues
Subject: Re: Memory control
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2014 12:40:14 +0100

I wonder if there is some function that can get information about the amount of RAM available and that currently used by Octave so that the program aborts if its memory requirements exceed a certain threshold.

more or less,....and only for linux plattform
https://github.com/markuman/linux/blob/master/octave/memory.m

oh, and when you're using linux, you can limit the ram usage of octave with ulimit too.

Thanks, ulimit is exactly what I was looking for! Are you aware of anything similar in Windows?