Re: Building octave 3.8.2 from source on Ubuntu 14.04 for using multiple

From: Sunil Shah
Subject: Re: Building octave 3.8.2 from source on Ubuntu 14.04 for using multiple cores
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 12:02:57 -0700

Hi ST,

Sorry for the incomplete post.

Following up on the link on R you sent:

Using octave 3.8.1 binary package on 14.04 I can switch to atlas and lapack.

/usr/lib/atlas-base/atlas/libblas.so.3

/usr/lib/atlas-base/atlas/liblapack.so.3

However, it does not enable octave to use multiple cores for standard dense matrix test on lu(randn(5e3))

It is faster than stock blas and atlas.

Curiously, unlike the link on R, I can not use /usr/lib/openblas-base/libblas.so.3 with /usr/lib/atlas-base/atlas/liblapack.so.3

I get this error message

/usr/bin/octave-cli: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/liblapack.so.3: undefined symbol: ATL_idamax

Thanks,

Sunil