Re: Octave 3.8.2 released

From: Terry Duell
Subject: Re: Octave 3.8.2 released
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 16:37:51 +1000

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 15:20:13 +1000, Dmitri A. Sergatskov <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 11:31 PM, Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden>
wrote:

I have built octave 3.8.2 on Ubuntu 12.04LTS (64bit) (--enable-jit).

make check results are:

​Which version of LLVM do you have?
I cannot compile wit hjit anabled on Fedora 20  (LLVM 3.4.6):

I note that the Fedora packagers have (in the last couple of days) had a couple of failed attempts to build 3.8.2 for F21 and F22. I am waiting until they succeed with that then I'll try to rebuild their src.rpm in mock. The only way I managed to build 3.8.1 on F20 was to rebuild from the F21 src.rpm in mock and that had jit disabled in the .spec file...which suggests it is a problem to build with jit on F21.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell