Problems with image package

From: Stillwater
Subject: Problems with image package
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 07:15:48 -0700 (PDT)

I installed the image package by:
pkg install "C:\\Downloads\\image-2.2.1.tar.gz"
and also by:
pkg -forge install image

After that, functions can only be found by:
addpath C:\Octave\Octave-3.8.1\share\octave\packages\image-2.2.1

Still, function 'bwlabel' seems to be missing. I only found it in the much
older package 'image-1.0.15.tar.gz', but that package removes newer
versions, causing other problems...

The online function reference still mentions 'bwlabel'.

I'm not an experienced user of Octave. Did I forget to install something
else? Is it normal that one needs to add the paths of installed packages?
Should 'bwlabel' be there at all?