Re: Octave version 3.8

From: Markus Bergholz
Subject: Re: Octave version 3.8
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 22:47:29 +0200

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 11:21 AM, Federico <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi, I'm trying the MXE build of 3.8, working good so far. However that is an
UNOFFICIAL release.

like all other windows binaries too?
I've explicit written "unofficial" because there were to many bug reports about mxeoctave.osuv.de in the official bug tracker.

Does anyone know what it takes to make it official?

well. first, there is no magic behind mxe octave, just a lot of man power. see http://hg.octave.org/mxe-octave/
so the source is already official. but it has to many teething troubles (for some more, for some less). afaik, when jwe is satisfied with it, he will distribute "official" binaries.

If you want to help making mxe octave better -> this can be one starting point
I imagine that there must be a test regime that needs to be passed?
I may be able to help want to know what's involved, seems like a much worse option to
have everyone using unofficial builds and getting bug reports, questions and
supporting something unofficial
Federico