Re: Problems installing sockets on Windows 7

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Problems installing sockets on Windows 7
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 13:59:31 +0900 (JST)

> From: inertialwave

> To: help-octave
> Date: 2014/7/16, Wed 13:45
> Subject: Re: Problems installing sockets on Windows 7
>
> HTH
>
> Thanks.
>
> Yes, I am using Octave 3.6.4.
> Here is my experience:
>> pkg list
> indicates sockets 1.0.8 is installed
>> pkg load sockets
> warning: autoload: 'sockets.oct' is not an absolute file name
> ...20 repititions
> warning: autoload: 'sockets.oct' is not an absolute file name
>> pkg -verbose describe sockets
>    Package name:
>              sockets
> ..
>> help socket
> error: help: 'socket' not found
>
> What am I missing?

Sorry I do not find the reason why you failed.

For me,

octave-3.6.4.exe:2> pkg load sockets
octave-3.6.4.exe:3> pkg list

I confirmed that the sockets package is installed.

octave-3.6.4.exe:4> help socket
'socket' is a function from the file C:\Software\Octave-3.6.4\lib\octave\package
s\sockets-1.0.8\i686-pc-mingw32-api-v48+\sockets.oct

s=socket(domain,type,protocol)
Creates a socket s. Domain is an integer, where the value AF_INET
can be used to create an IPv4 socket.
type is an integer describing the socket. When using IP, specifying SOCK_STREAM
gives a TCP socket.
protocol is currently not used and should be 0 if specified.

If no input arguments are given, default values AF_INET and
SOCK_STREAM are used.
See the local socket() reference for more details.

Additional help for built-in functions and operators is
available in the online version of the manual.  Use the command
'doc <topic>' to search the manual index.

Help and information about Octave is also available on the WWW
at http://www.octave.org and via the address@hidden
mailing list.

Tatsuro