Re: Problem when writing a cell array( char and numeric data) to excel(.

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Problem when writing a cell array( char and numeric data) to excel(.xlsx) file
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 09:45:04 -0700 (PDT)

tmacchant wrote

He seems to have 3.8.1 running. AFAIU Markus has Java support built-in with
his latest binary installers.
Installing Java into a 3.8.x build will lead to big problems

To the OP: what does

octave_config_info ("features").JAVA

return?
If 1, Java support is OK.
If 0, you're SOL.

As to installing LibreOffice, that looks absolute minimum Windows
proficiency to me.
- If you install LO in C:\Program Files (X86),
- and if the answer to Java support was 1,
Octave 3.8.x and io-2.2.2 should automatically set up the required
javaclasspath entries for you when loading the io package. Then you can also
use the UNO interface (= LibreOffice behind the scenes).

Philip