installing Octave 3.8.1 on Windows 8 laptop

From: jerome1212
Subject: installing Octave 3.8.1 on Windows 8 laptop
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2014 11:26:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Forum, I am trying to install Octave 3.8.1 on my new Windows 8 laptop,
but the installation doesn't work correctly (gui doesn't work properly,
keeps crashing).  I tried to follow the instructions from
http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Windows (section Octave 3.8 MXE Builds.  I
says "If you got any problems while running windows 8 or libstdc++-6.dll
errors, try this octave-gui.bat file and place it into your octave-3.8.0
folder (e.g. `C:/octave-3.8.0/`) "  I tried to download the octave-gui.bat
file, but the link is empty (get the following response:  404 - Not Found).
Anybody know how I can properly install Octave 3.8 on my Windows 8 laptop?
Thanks a lot for any help.