Re: FFT spectrum analyzer question

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: FFT spectrum analyzer question
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 16:42:12 +0200

>Thank you for the 'heads up' on pwelch function. Will look into it.
>
>There are an amazing number of useful functions, that I never seem to
>be alerted to until AFTER I write my own.

Generally speaking, unless you are an expert in a given field, it is
likely that a function exists somewhere that does your job, so start
looking for it before coding, or try asking on this list.

Anyway, this happened to me as well, exactly with the pwelch function,
but at that time I think pwelch was not still available, so I was
justified :)

>Worse, even when I 'know' a function exists, still difficult to find it!

Just install the "signal" package.

Have a look here, too: <http://octave.sourceforge.net/docs.html>, you'll
find pwelch there, together with much more.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.621.3058
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107