Printed linewidth doesn't match plot, gnuplot

From: dlsquires
Subject: Printed linewidth doesn't match plot, gnuplot
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 07:18:58 -0700 (PDT)

I am having an issue with the printed linewidth not matching the linewidth in
the plot window.  I can set the linewidth for display in the plot window,
but the versions I print to file all have a linewidth that corresponds to
'1'.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

I am using package for Windows mingw version 3.6.4 with gnuplot as the
plotting backend.  The FLTK backend has the correct linewidth, but it has
other issues with sizing and extra line segments that shouldn't be there.

GNUPlotLineWidth4.pdf
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4663972/GNUPlotLineWidth4.pdf>
GNUPlotLineWidthDefault.pdf
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4663972/GNUPlotLineWidthDefault.pdf>

FLTKLineWidth4.pdf
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4663972/FLTKLineWidth4.pdf>
FLTKLineWidthDefault.pdf
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4663972/FLTKLineWidthDefault.pdf>

Here is the script I used to produce the attached plots:

graphics_toolkit gnuplot

t = -2*pi:0.01:2*pi;
plot(t,sin(t))
title('Default Line Width, GNUPlot')
print('GNUPlotLineWidthDefault.pdf')
print('GNUPlotLineWidthDefault.png')
plot(t,sin(t),'LineWidth',4)
title('Line Width 4, GNUPlot')
print('GNUPlotLineWidth4.pdf')
print('GNUPlotLineWidth4.png')

close all
graphics_toolkit fltk

plot(t,sin(t))
title('Default Line Width, FLTK')
print('FLTKLineWidthDefault.pdf')
print('FLTKLineWidthDefault.png')
plot(t,sin(t),'LineWidth',4)
title('Line Width 4, FLTK')
print('FLTKLineWidth4.pdf')
print('FLTKLineWidth4.png')

In my octaverc file, I have changed the default plotting backend and added
some default plot settings:

## System-wide startup file for Octave.
##
## This file should contain any commands that should be executed each
## time Octave starts for every user at this site.

more off
PS1('octave:\#> ')
EDITOR('<path_to_editor>');
prefix=octave_config_info('prefix');
EXEC_PATH([EXEC_PATH,';',prefix,'\gnuplot\bin']);
EXEC_PATH([EXEC_PATH,';',prefix,'\mingw\bin;',prefix,'\mingw\msys\1.0\bin']);
EXEC_PATH([EXEC_PATH,';',prefix,'\gs\bin']);
## ------- changed from fltk to gnuplot -----------
graphics_toolkit('gnuplot');
## ------------------------------------------------
EXEC_PATH([EXEC_PATH,';',prefix,'\pstoedit']);
EXEC_PATH([EXEC_PATH,';',prefix,'\fig2dev']);

set(0,"defaulttextfontname","Arial"), set(0,"defaultaxesfontname","Arial");
## ----- Added 2014-05-08 -DS --------
set(0, 'defaultfigurepaperorientation', 'landscape');
set(0, 'defaultfigurepapersize', [11 8.5]);
set(0, 'defaultfigurepaperposition', [0.5 0.5 10 7.5]);
set(0 ,'defaultaxesxgrid','on');
set(0 ,'defaultaxesygrid','on');
set(0 ,'defaultaxesxminorgrid','on');
set(0 ,'defaultaxesyminorgrid','on');