From: Tyler Starman
Subject: Loading Octave video package error
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 09:44:39 -0700 (PDT)

I'm running Windows 8 and using Cygwin with Octave 3.8.1 and I'm trying to
load the video package "video-1.0.2.tar.gz" into Octave using "pkg install
-forge video". I fixed a compiler error that was bugging me earlier but now
I'm getting another error saying:

pkg: error running the configure script for video.
error: called from 'configure_make' in file
/usr/share/octave/3.8.1/m/pkg/private/configure_make.m near line 72, column
9
error: called from:
error:   /usr/share/octave/3.8.1/m/pkg/private/install.m at line 199, column
5
error:   /usr/share/octave/3.8.1/m/pkg/pkg.m at line 394, column 9

Any ideas or help on this? I realize most people run Octave on Linux or
Ubuntu but if anyone knows how to do this on Windows that would be awesome!
Thanks.