fsolve with lower and upper boundaries for solutions: lsqnonlin

From: Toshi
Subject: fsolve with lower and upper boundaries for solutions: lsqnonlin
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 22:07:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hello !

I'm looking for a function like fsolve to solve non-linear simultaneous
equations.

Actually, I can use fsolve in some cases, but in the other I should use
something else like lsqnonlin
to find the solutions in a certain range;  as you know well, lsqnonlin of
MATLAB can set the lower
and upper boundaries (lb and ub) like
[x, resnorm] = lsqnonlin('myeq', x0, lb, ub).

Unfortunately, lsqnonlin exists in MATLAB but not in Octave.
(http://wiki.octave.org/Optimization_package).
So, could you tell me some function available in Octave which finds
solutions of non-linear equations
in a fixed range ?

Toshi