Persisting data between calls to OCT file

From: Susnak
Subject: Persisting data between calls to OCT file
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 12:18:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
I could not find the answer anywhere so I hope nobody will be offended if I
ask here.
So here it goes:

Is there a way how to make some data persist between calls to oct file? In
Matlab MEX files there are
mexMakeArrayPersistent
and
mexMakeMemoryPersistent
which do exactly that.

I guess it would be sufficient for me just to have a way to register an
atExit function as in
mexAtExit,
since I can store a pointer in a static variable and register a cleanup
function by mexAtExit.

Thank you for any comment.

Zdenek