Re: Lost with working/non-working code

From: Alberto Simões
Subject: Re: Lost with working/non-working code
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 15:16:45 +0000

Hello

It could be a good guess, but yes, I have different names :)
Thanks

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 10:00 AM, Alberto Simões <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to make an algorithm parallel. To make sure I am getting speed improvements I am trying to call the non-parallel function before, to tic() toc() it, and then, the parallel function. Also, because I need to check if the results are the same :)

If I comment the call to the non-parallel function, the parallel function works perfectly well. I mean, it returns something, that I did not validate yet. But it seems OK.

If I uncomment the call to the non-parallel function, then the parallel one crashes with this error:

  error: rparcellfun: subscript indices must be either positive integers less than 2^31 or logicals

Using the only way I know to debug in Octave (adding printfs), I managed to notice that crash is happening on this matrix multiplication:

        a{i} = sigmoid(Thetas{i-1} * a{i-1});

I checked the matrices sizes and they are correct. I tried to put the multiplication outside the function call, and it fails as well.

Any hint on what might be going on?
I can try to make all the code available if you think that might help.

Thank you in advance,
Alberto

--
Alberto Simões

This is just a guess.

  Did you name each function the same or different?
If the same then change one of them.

--
Alberto Simões