Re: fem-fenics 0.0.1 released

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: fem-fenics 0.0.1 released
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 15:37:52 -0500

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 21:33:02 +0100, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 8:39 PM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> We should capture this flags from installation/compilation time and
>>> change PKG_ADD consistently.
>>
>> I don't understand what you mean exactly, should we capture the flags when
>> configuring Octave or when configuring the package?
>> c.
>
> To install (i.e. build)  the package one needs to define CPPFLAGS, so
> at this time we could capture the flags and modify PKG_ADD
> accordingly, right? or is there a counter indication to this?

The flags are not needed once the package is built and installed,
right? So I don't think PKG_ADD is relevant at all. I haven't been
following this thread too closely, but it sounds like all that is
needed is an improved configure.ac to search for the necessary header
files and libraries in the most common locations. Things like
pkg-config help greatly, if eigen and dolfin provide pkg-config files.

--
mike