Re: How to re-install an uninstalled package?

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: How to re-install an uninstalled package?
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 09:29:15 +0100

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 1:54 PM, sabuncu <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I am running 3.6.4 Windows Visual Studio binaries on Win 7.

I uninstalled image-2.0.0 thinking that I could install image-2.2.0 but
learned that image-2.2.0 requires Octave 3.8.0.  I downloaded
image-2.0.0.tar.gz and issued pkg install command.  It came back with the
following error:

sh.exe: ./configure: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

I am sure there is a more straightforward way to install a package that has
just been uninstalled.  Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

where did you get your image-2.0.0 package from? Is it that one, you once installed successfully? The error message looks a lot like a package intended to be used with a Linux version of Octave. I found a version of image-2.0.0 in the following binary package distribution from Octave forge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20Windows%20binaries/Octave%203.6.4%20for%20Windows%20Microsoft%20Visual%20Studio/

HTH,
Kai