Re: Octave reads old script version

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: Octave reads old script version
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 16:20:26 -0500

On 02/14/2014 04:38 AM, st.michal88 wrote:
 I have quite a strange problem with Octave. In general I use many scripts
and in one of them called "param" I store the values for global variables.
Almost each script or function runs param to initialize these variable first
and then do the procedure. Some time ago I add to "param" new variable with
a given value. After some time I changed the value. The problem is that now
when octave runs param it loads sometimes the old value. It looks like it
has somehow the access to the previous version of the file. I can not get
rid of this problem and have no idea what is the reason of such behaviour.
Do you have any ideas? Thanks in advance for your reply.
I would guess that you have saved this file 'param' in multiple directories and Octave reads it
from a different file depending, e.g. on where you start your Octave session. Please provide more detail, e.g. your Octave version, platform you're running on, how you're running Octave, and content of your path.